Chair: Sanford Freeman
Vice-Chair: Reid Dyer
Recording Secretary: Carol Knight
Treasurer: Debra March
Membership Secretary: Bill Jernigan
Executive Committee At-Large Members: Jim Mitchell, Janice Moore
Board of Directors: 2017-2018
Haley Bell Dyer
|George Berry-Forsyth, GA
Fred Chappell-Greensboro, NC
Pat Conroy-South Carolina
Raymond Cook-Valdosta, GA
Cathy Cox-Young Harris, GA
Mike Giles-Gainesville, GA
Jane Hicks-Johnson City, TN
Henry Johnson-Watkinsville, GA
Ethelene Dyer Jones-Milledgeville, GA
Terry Kay-Athens, GA
Sharon McCrumb-Roanoke, VA
Francis Mathis-Gainesville, GA
Zell Miller-Young Harris, GA
Jim Minter-Fayetteville, GA
Garland Reynolds-Gainesville, GA
Hugh Ruppersburg-Athens, GA
Joe Satterfield-Blue Ridge, GA
Dana Wildsmith-Bethlehem, GA
Phillip Lee Williams-Watkinsville, GA
Budget & Finance:
- To recommend an annual budget, maintain sound fiscal policies, and provide guidance and leadership in all fund-raising activities.
Membership & Cultivation:
- To recruit individuals to join the Society and to encourage members to supports its goals and projects through active participation.
Nominations & Board Development:
- To nominate a slate of officers and directors for election at the annual meeting and to fill vacancies that occur during the year; to assist in planning and implementing any Board development that might be deemed appropriate.
- To develop an oral history of Byron Herbert Reece – his life and his works – by interviewing persons who knew him well and recording their impressions on tape and in written form.
Programs & Literary Activities:
- To plan and provide all programs and special literary activities related to the work of the Society, including but not limited to, the program for the annual meeting.
Promotion & Publications:
- To make the Byron Herbert Reece Society and its goals known to the general public, to maintain the Society website, and to handle publications of the Society including periodic newsletters.
Reece Farm Development:
- To pursue options for the funding and development of the BHR Farm & Heritage Center; to oversee the project of development; to secure the Reece study and other valuable components of the Reece family property.
Reece in the Schools:
- To explore and determine ways of introducing BHR into the educational systems of our state and nation, beginning with the secondary schools of our immediate mountain area.